Maitra Commodities (P) Ltd is dedicated to ensure that your trading accounts remain secure and your personal information remains private.
Protect Your Online Brokerage Account:
The Internet and, more recently, wireless technology, have made it easy for investors to check brokerage account information and initiate investment transactions in one go. Maitra Commodities (P) Ltd is issuing this Alert to warn investors to take precautions to help ensure the security of their brokerage accounts. Not doing so puts your account information and investments at risk.
By following a few simple steps, you can make it much harder for unauthorized people to gain access to your account. In the event of your account access information has been stolen or compromised you can get in touch with us on 044-24901262/ 63 or drop a mail at email@example.com
Lock the Door Behind You
It is very important to terminate each online session when you are finished-usually by clicking the "Log out" link on the site. This is the computer equivalent to locking the door when you leave the house. If you merely type in another address, or close or minimize the Web browser window, it may be possible for unauthorized users with access to the same computer to gain access to your account information. Retrieving this information could be as easy as clicking on the Internet browser icon, pressing the browser's Back button, or calling up a browser's Internet History.
Guard the Front Door
Recently, a popular browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer has introduced a feature where the browser offers to "remember" your usernames and passwords to secure web sites. Think twice about using this feature as it may allow others who can access your computer to log in to your brokerage or other online account. Never allow the browser to remember user names and passwords when using a public, shared computer.
Few Suggestions for Electronic Fraud Preventions:
Here are a few other helpful hints to keep your information safe and secure :
- Avoid using any computer that is not your own to access your brokerage or other online account.
- Never share your password information with others.
- Create passwords that are unpredictable and counterintuitive, and don't use the same password for different accounts.
- Change passwords regularly.
- Beware of over-the-shoulder snoops when using public computers.
- If you suspect that your password has been stolen or used by others, notify us immediately.
- If you must use a public or borrowed computer, you can diminish the risk somewhat if you clear all Temporary.
- Internet Files and History from the browser after you are finished (if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, this is done by clicking the Tools menu, selecting Internet Options, then selecting Delete Files from the Temporary.
- Internet Files area and Clear History from the History area). Note: You may not always have the ability to delete this information from someone else's computer, and you can't be certain if it contains spyware or viruses.
- Do not store passwords in a file on your PC or laptop—they are at risk if your computer is serviced or stolen.
- By taking a few key steps you can avoid the most common pitfalls.
- Follow general best practices for securing any Internet-connected computer.
- Keep your computer up to date with the latest security updates.
- Install a firewall and anti-virus software on any laptop or PC with wireless connectivity.
- When accessing your personal financial information online, you should have a secure web connection at all times - the web site address should start with "https://" instead of "http://" and you should see a secure symbol such as a closed padlock or key on the status bar in the lower right part of your screen; Maitra Commodities (P) Ltd (CCL) is engaged in broking business of trading in commodity derivatives in India to provide the trading/ execution facility on Indian Commodity Exchanges.
Read Account Statements Carefully
Finally, your account statements are the last line of defense. Be sure to review your account information regularly. Many firms allow you to do so online at any time. If there are transactions that look suspicious, report them to us immediately.